Monday, March 28, 2011

Arcade cabinet restoration: Part 2 - Painting & Finishing

The cabinet is coming along nicely. Some sanding and a few fresh coats of paint are adding some life to my project. I also had to do some additional spray painting inside the cabinet and on the VGA monitor frame (black, it was coming out of my nose after the shower this morning, blech). To my dismay the original plexiglass screen had a teeny tiny crack right dead center. Small, but surely large enough to annoy me every time I play Shinobi. I put on a new plexiglass screen and marquee. I also designed the marquee decal. It's printed on plain paper for now and I will replace with high quality glossy stock later on.

I placed my order for the iPac controls from Ultimarc. In the meantime I will be designing the controller surface and front. Hopefully, I get everything done over the next weekend and will have it ready when the joystick and buttons arrive.

As you can see, Emma is hard at work helping me test more ROMs. Good job sweety!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, this is going to be a sweet addition to fun-central!